POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seams showing in Poser model : Seams showing in Poser model Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Seams showing in Poser model
From: Allan
Date: 30 Aug 2007 03:00:00
Message: <web.46d66a65f3111e0e387a47510@news.povray.org>
This is my first Poser model rendered by POVray and I can't seem to get rid
of the seams that show around the neck and limbs.  In Poser, I exported the
model to obj format and converted the obj using PoseRay to POVray format.
The PoseRay documentation tells about "cleanup geometry" when loading a
Poser scene and also tells about "weld vertices" before smoothing.  My
smooth options are "keep mesh creases" and "smooth mesh edges".  The result
is the attached image.  See the white lines around the neck and limbs?  Is
there a way to get rid of these?

Thanks!

-Allan

Post a reply to this message